Bath Green Park

From Bristol Railway Archive
Revision as of 18:44, 20 March 2017 by Weirdoldhattie (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

<googlemap lat="51.37537" lon="-2.366524"> 51.381531, -2.367039, Bath Green Park </googlemap>

To Bath Junction: Midland Bridge
To Bath Green Park: End of the line!


Opened on 4th August 1869. Closed to passengers on 7th March 1966 and goods on 31st May 1971.

The main station building, goods shed and Midland Road bridge were designed by J.H. Sanders and engineered by Messrs Allport Jnr and Wilson. The station building was constructed by Charles Humphries, a Debyshire firm. The train shed was designed by J.S. Crossley and constructed by Messrs Hardyside and Co, another Derbyshire firm.

The station only officially received the suffix 'Green Park' on 18th June 1951. Until that date it had been unofficially known as Queen Square.

Restored by Bath City Council, J. Sainsbury and the British Railways Board at a cost of £1.5million and officially reopened by HRH Princess Margaret on 1st December 1982.







External Links