This Way to the Forums! Give it a try! It Works! (sort of...)


Difference between revisions of "Blaise Signal Box and Sidings"

From Bristol Railway Archive
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
<div style="float:right">
 
<googlemap lat="51.512321" lon="-2.642813">
 
51.510559, -2.643414, Blaise Sidings
 
</googlemap>
 
</div>
 
 
'''To Filton''': [[Hallen Halt]]<br>
 
'''To Filton''': [[Hallen Halt]]<br>
 
'''To Avonmouth''': [[Henbury West]]
 
'''To Avonmouth''': [[Henbury West]]
 
== History ==
 
== History ==
These sidings were part of an underground [[w:Air Ministry|Air Ministry]] fuel depot. They opened on 13 June [[1940]] and closed in July [[1973]].
+
Blaise signal box controlled Blaise Sidings. It opened on 13 june 1940 and closed on 22 May 1966. Signalmen who worked it included Wilf Stanley and Brian Chaney. After closure, Blaise Sidings were worked by Hallen Marsh signal box.
 +
 
 +
The sidings were part of an underground [[w:Air Ministry|Air Ministry]] fuel depot. They opened on 13 June [[1940]] and closed in July [[1973]].
  
 
== 31.3.05 ==
 
== 31.3.05 ==

Revision as of 23:47, 3 December 2018

To Filton: Hallen Halt
To Avonmouth: Henbury West

History

Blaise signal box controlled Blaise Sidings. It opened on 13 june 1940 and closed on 22 May 1966. Signalmen who worked it included Wilf Stanley and Brian Chaney. After closure, Blaise Sidings were worked by Hallen Marsh signal box.

The sidings were part of an underground Air Ministry fuel depot. They opened on 13 June 1940 and closed in July 1973.

31.3.05