Burnham on Sea

From Bristol Railway Archive
Revision as of 15:23, 29 June 2008 by Weirdoldhattie (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

<googlemap lat="51.235751" lon="-2.998066"> 51.234192, -2.998838, Burnham on Sea </googlemap>

To Highbridge & Burnham: Highbridge and Burnham

History

Opened as Burnham on 3rd May 1858. Became Burnham on Sea on 12th July 1920. Closed to regular passenger traffic on 29th October 1951, although some summer excursions ran until 8th September 1962. Closed to goods on 20th May 1963. The signal box that used to stand at Burnham is now at Washford on the West Somerset Railway.

Gallery

6.2.05