Difference between revisions of "Cheddar"

From Bristol Railway Archive
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 8: Line 8:
 
== History ==
 
== History ==
 
Opened on the 3rd August [[1869]]. Closed to passengers on the 9th September [[1963]] and goods on the 29th November [[1965]]. A private siding facility was withdrawn on the 28th March [[1969]].
 
Opened on the 3rd August [[1869]]. Closed to passengers on the 9th September [[1963]] and goods on the 29th November [[1965]]. A private siding facility was withdrawn on the 28th March [[1969]].
== Gallery ==
+
== 1960s ==
 
<gallery>
 
<gallery>
 
Image:Cheddar1.jpg|Loco 41248 prepares to leave Cheddar Station with a service heading for [[Yatton]]. The station site is now occupied by Wells Cathedral Stone Masons. <br>''&copy; [[:Category:Gerald Peacock|Gerald Peacock]]
 
Image:Cheddar1.jpg|Loco 41248 prepares to leave Cheddar Station with a service heading for [[Yatton]]. The station site is now occupied by Wells Cathedral Stone Masons. <br>''&copy; [[:Category:Gerald Peacock|Gerald Peacock]]
Image:Cheddar1.jpg|The same train leaves Cheddar. The goods shed can be seen in the distance (this is now a house) and the signalbox is on the left.
+
Image:Cheddar2.jpg|The same train leaves Cheddar. The goods shed can be seen in the distance (this is now a house) and the signalbox is on the left.<br>''&copy; [[:Category:Gerald Peacock|Gerald Peacock]]
 
+
Image:Cheddar3.jpg|A freight train trundles out of Cheddar heading in the direction of Yatton. A private siding is on the right. <br>''&copy; [[:Category:Gerald Peacock|Gerald Peacock]]
 
+
 
</gallery>
 
</gallery>
 
[[Category:Cheddar Valley Line]]
 
[[Category:Cheddar Valley Line]]
 
[[Category:Stations:Closed]]
 
[[Category:Stations:Closed]]

Revision as of 23:54, 6 February 2008

<googlemap lat="51.275743" lon="-2.78402"> 51.275689, -2.784026, Cheddar </googlemap>

To Yatton: Lower New Road
To Wells: Station Road - Cheddar

History

Opened on the 3rd August 1869. Closed to passengers on the 9th September 1963 and goods on the 29th November 1965. A private siding facility was withdrawn on the 28th March 1969.

1960s