Clifton Bridge

From Bristol Railway Archive
Revision as of 18:18, 9 March 2010 by Weirdoldhattie (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

<googlemap lat="51.439724" lon="-2.625475"> 51.447013, -2.625797, </googlemap>

To Parson Street Junction: Access Bridge
To Portishead: Rownham Hill

History

Opened on 18th April 1867 as a single platform. A crossing loop and second platform were brought into use on 15th September 1880 and the section of line between the station and Parson Street Junction was doubled on 2nd December 1883. The station was downgraded to a halt and became unstaffed on 29th October 1962. It closed to passengers on 7th September 1964 and goods on 5th July 1965. Between March 1891 and 1910 the station was called Rownham to avoid confusion with Clifton and Clifton Down.

The original Clifton Bridge Signal Box closed on 25th August 1907. It was replaced by a larger structure which closed on 4th November 1966.

1980s

2004

7.3.04