This Way to the Forums! Give it a try! It Works! (sort of...)


Difference between revisions of "Filton West Junctions"

From Bristol Railway Archive
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<div style="float:right">
 
<googlemap lat="51.516862" lon="-2.566595">
 
51.516621, -2.568934, Filton West Junctions
 
51.516508, -2.56828, Site of Filton West signalbox.
 
51.516353, -2.564937, Site of former aircraft factory carriage sidings.
 
</googlemap>
 
</div>
 
 
'''To Bristol''': [[Filton Chord]]<br>
 
'''To Bristol''': [[Filton Chord]]<br>
 
'''To Avonmouth''': [[North Filton Platform]]<br>
 
'''To Avonmouth''': [[North Filton Platform]]<br>

Latest revision as of 16:28, 14 June 2018

To Bristol: Filton Chord
To Avonmouth: North Filton Platform
To South Wales: Filton Tip
To Yate or London: A Bridge

History

Filton West signal box was brought into use during 1910 and closed on 22nd July 1971. It had 30 levers. There were three sidings opposite the box which were used to store aircraft workers trains. These came into use on 27th July 1942.

1950s

2005

17.5.05