This Way to the Forums! Give it a try! It Works! (sort of...)
Filton West Junctions
Filton West signal box was brought into use during 1910 and closed on 22nd July 1971. It had 30 levers. There were three sidings opposite the box which were used to store aircraft workers trains. These came into use on 27th July 1942.
A view of the junction showing Filton West Signal Box and the sidings used to store aircraft workers trains. © Don W
A zoomed view that shows the interesting network of lines radiating from this area. The bridge in the background carries the South Wales mainline across the Avonmouth-Parkway line.