This Way to the Forums! Give it a try! It Works! (sort of...)
<googlemap lat="51.451119" lon="-2.563763"> 51.45874, -2.564106, Lawrence Hill </googlemap>
Opened as a single platform on 8th September 1863. The line was doubled and an extra platform added in 1874. Quadrupling and another platform were completed in November 1891. Closed to goods on 29th November 1965.
A track plan of Lawrence Hill and surrounding area from 1903.
A track plan of Lawrence Hill and surrounding area from 1988.
An overview of the Lawrence Hill area taken through a barred window of a nearby block of flats. The station buildings can be seen, the goods yard is very busy and the Midland Railway route out of Bristol is protected by a large signal gantry. © David Gardner
Another view of the loco. © Dunstable Dasher
The main station buildings as photographed on 17.7.81. © Martin Potter
HST 43190 opens the throttle and accelerates fast through Lawrence Hill Station on the 27.3.89.
The cement depot occupies the former goods yard. The area is now a Lidl supermarket.
156462 heads north on 28.1.89.
The view from Lawrence Hill looking towards the bridge at Ducie Road.
In brilliant winter sunshine, 150236 heads towards Temple Meads.
A train bound for Edinburgh hurtles through the station.
The signal at the end of Platform 2. This protects the start of Dr Days Junction.
The view under Lawrence Hill (the road) from Platform 2. Ducie Road is in the background.