This Way to the Forums! Give it a try! It Works! (sort of...)
<googlemap lat="51.517876" lon="-2.561789"> 51.525707, -2.562314, Patchway </googlemap>
The original Patchway station was slightly further north than this one, but when the line was doubled the station was moved south to a spot where the tracks were level. This second station was opened on the 10th August 1885 as Patchway and Stoke Gifford but was renamed Patchway on the 27th October 1908. The station closed to goods on 5th July 1965 and became unstaffed on 14th October 1968.
Both platforms at Patchway are 132 yards in length.
A vintage pic of the view north from Patchway. The line in the foreground is the long-removed freight loop. © Gerald Peacock
The view south from the north end of the station showing the station buildings. © Emmdee
An HST with a service for South Wales. © Roger Childs
155332 pulls away from the platforms and heads for Bristol.
A DMU speeds through a rather desolate looking station on its way to Cardiff in 1989.
158815 heads for Cardiff.
The view towards Patchway Junction.
143611 calls at the station with a service for Cardiff.
At the other end of the station 150234 makes an approach.
During 2006 the original footbridge was taken away and again restored. During this time a temporary footbridge was erected just to the south of the original bridge.
150243 stands under both bridges with a service for Cardiff. 10.3.06
43002 hurtles through the station en-route towards Bristol Parkway.
Some photos taken on 4.4.09. The stations is showing signs of being looked after, including the addition of four small flower beds and various items repainted.