This Way to the Forums! Give it a try! It Works! (sort of...)


Patchway

From Bristol Railway Archive
Revision as of 15:08, 15 December 2007 by Weirdoldhattie (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

<googlemap lat="51.527436" lon="-2.562304"> 51.525707, -2.562314, Patchway </googlemap>

To Bristol, the North or London: Gipsy Patch Lane
To Wales: Station Road - Patchway

History

The original Patchway station was slightly further north than this one, but when the line was doubled the station was moved south to a spot where the tracks were level. This second station was opened on the 10th August 1885 as Patchway and Stoke Gifford but was renamed Patchway on the 27th October 1908.

Both platforms at Patchway are 132 yards in length.

1960s