This Way to the Forums! Give it a try! It Works! (sort of...)


Difference between revisions of "Patchway (original station)"

From Bristol Railway Archive
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
<div style="float:right">
 
<googlemap lat="51.523431" lon="-2.565737">
 
51.530626, -2.566187, Site of original Patchway station
 
</googlemap>
 
</div>
 
 
'''To Bristol, the North or London''': [[Station Road - Patchway]]<br>
 
'''To Bristol, the North or London''': [[Station Road - Patchway]]<br>
 
'''To Wales''': [[Gloucester Road]]<br>
 
'''To Wales''': [[Gloucester Road]]<br>

Revision as of 14:53, 16 June 2018

To Bristol, the North or London: Station Road - Patchway
To Wales: Gloucester Road

History

Opened on 8th September 1863 as a single platform. With the doubling of the lines between Patchway and Pilning, in association with the opening of the Severn Tunnel, a new Patchway Tunnel was constructed. This was built on an easier gradient than the original tunnel bore and resulted in the tracks through the station being on different levels. As such the station closed on 10th August 1885 and replaced with a new Patchway station a quarter of a mile to the south.

Gallery