Ashton Junction

From Bristol Railway Archive
Jump to: navigation, search

To Parson Street Junction: Ashton Containers Level Crossing
To Portishead or Bristol Docks: Frayne's Colliery

History

The junction opened in October 1906 with the completion of the branch to Wapping Railway Wharf. The 49-lever Ashton Junction Signal Box took over the work of West Loop North Junction box on 10th May 1936. It closed in October 1991, and was demolished in April 1999. The level crossing at this location was fitted with full lifting barriers on 12th March 1978.

Track Plans

1970s

1980s

1990s

2008

2018

The area around Ashton Junction has been completely transformed by the construction of an 'S' shaped bridge carrying a Metrobus route across the railway.