This bridge was put in place during the 1930s when the lines up Filton Bank were quadrupled. Until then the crossing had been by way of boards on the level.
6029 King Edward VIII climbs Ashley Hill on the 25.5.36 with the up Bristolian while a local service tries to race it. The Bristolian was using brand new carriages.
47500 descends through Lockleaze with the 8.50 Swindon to Weston Super Mare on the 12.6.83
The view north. The bridge in the background is that at Lockleaze Road
On the 3rd July 2004 I caught Union of South Africa climbing the hill :)
A view of the bridge taken from Lockleaze Road on 13.3.05. Relaying of track is taking place.
Following months and months of arson attacks and vandalism Network Rail send out a crew to effect repairs to the bridge.
143619 heads south.
I took the opportunity to get my last shots from the bridge before the cage was finished. 66027 heading north with an engineering train.
The bridge has been modified with a strip of roofing felt running through the middle.
158766 passes by the continuing construction of a replacement bridge.
A view of the new footbridge. Taken from Lockleaze Road on the 7th May. The bridge was yet to open.
- 66108 on Portbury Coal 19.12.06
- 158961 climbs the hill 20.12.06
- 150261 at Lockleaze 20.12.06
- A Voyager descends the hill 20.12.06
- 66202 on a coal train 22.1.07
- 158968 climbing the hill] 22.1.07
- 158747 descending the hill] 22.1.07
- The Great Britain 71000 8.4.07
- 6233 Filton Bank 1.9.07
- 66156 descends Filton Bank with an empty coal train destined for Royal Portbury Dock 30.6.08