To Bristol: Midland Terrace Footbridge
To Bath or the North: Fishponds
The view south. This bridge was erected by John Lysaght in 1926 and replaced an earlier stone-built bridge which was much smaller in size.
Looking north through the bridge with the remains of the stone bridge still visible underneath. The replacement was built such that the line could be quadrupled in the future if required.
The remains of the previous bridge. There's an interesting pattern in the clay at the bottom left of this photo that suggests that material from this site was used elsewhere.