This Way to the Forums! Give it a try! It Works! (sort of...)


Oldwood Colliery

From Bristol Railway Archive
Jump to: navigation, search
Rangeworthy colliery map.jpg


Also known as Rangeworthy Colliery

Sunk in about 1870 to a depth of 102 yds 2 ft 6 in the Rangeworthy New Pit only drew coal until 1889. The site is now subject to occasional open days organised by a local mining history group. The flooded shaft is used for a water supply by the owners of the site.