<googlemap lat="51.474273" lon="-2.686243"> 51.481049, -2.686822, Pill </googlemap>
Pill Station opened on the 18th April 1867 and closed on the 7th September 1964. It was one of the major crossing points for trains using the line. The goods yard at the Portishead end of the station was opened on the 7th March 1912 and closed on the 10th June 1963.
A view showing the old coal yard at the station. © John Morris
The view towards Bristol with Pill Viaduct visible in the distance.
The second bridge is Station Road. This is it viewed looking towards Portishead. The two bridges form a square over the railway.
Another look at the station. This is the view towards Portishead and the M5 can just be seen in the background. Pill Signal Box was sited on the platform just beyond the spot where the big bush bottom left is.
Just past Pill station in the direction of Portishead is the remains of Pill Goods Yard.
A special charter train, The Brunelian, at the station on 25.9.10 © Paul Goldsworthy