<googlemap lat="51.47021" lon="-2.598267"> 51.468325, -2.599018, Redland </googlemap>
Opened on 12th April 1897.
A general view of Redland station in the early seventies showing the down platform waiting room. © Simon Whittingham
'Bubble Car' 55033 departs with a service for Temple Meads. © Simon Whittingham
Demolition begins on the booking office and pedestrian footbridge in 1973. © Simon Whittingham
A crane removes a section of the footbridge. © Simon Whittingham
Another view of the demolition work in progress. © Simon Whittingham
Christmas Day 2003
Two bridges still cross the line at Redland station despite the removal of the station footbridge. An ornate footbridge and the road bridge of Redland Grove.
The exit and entrance to and from the station. Originally the entrance to the station was via the station footbridge which was connected to a booking office on Redland Grove. Both the footbridge and booking office were demolished in the early 1970s. (photos above)
A quick throw of the throttle and the unit trundles off. In less than a minute it will stop at Montpelier station.