This Way to the Forums! Give it a try! It Works! (sort of...)


Stonehouse (Bristol Road)

From Bristol Railway Archive
Jump to: navigation, search

<googlemap lat="51.741061" lon="-2.29125"> 51.748661, -2.292023, Stonehouse (Bristol Road) </googlemap>

To Yate: A419
To the North: Stonedale Road Footbridge
To Nailsworth: Midland Road Footbridge

History

Opened on 8th July 1844. The suffix Bristol Road was added on 17th September 1951. Closed to passengers on 4th January 1965 and goods on 3rd January 1966. The redundant goods yard became the Stonehouse Coal Concentration Depot from 7th October 1966. It closed in 1989.

Gallery

12.2.09