<googlemap lat="51.382013" lon="-2.390556">
51.380286, -2.390964, Twerton
To Bristol, the North or Wales: Twerton Viaduct
To Bath: Jews Lane
This Grade II listed building opened on 16th December 1840. It was renamed Twerton-on-Avon on 1st August 1899, and closed on 2nd April 1917 as an economy measure during WW1.
The footbridge at this station was removed to Shrivenham in 1923.
All photos taken on 18.7.05.
Twerton station buildings and High Street bridge. Trains travelling to Bristol run left to right in this photo.
A better look at the station building.
Viewed from the other side.
The stairs to the platform.
High Street bridge viewed from the other side.
On this side of the viaduct are some boarded up doors and windows.