This Way to the Forums! Give it a try! It Works! (sort of...)
Wells East Somerset
<googlemap lat="51.203919" lon="-2.650784"> 51.203835, -2.6508, Wells East Somerset </googlemap>
Opened on 1st March 1862 as the terminus of the East Somerset Railway's extension from Shepton Mallet and was the second of the three stations at Wells. The GWR obtained both the B&ER and the ESR and centralised passenger services at Wells Tucker Street. Wells East Somerset station closed to passengers on 1st January 1878 and became the goods depot for the GWR. Closed to goods on 13th July 1964.
This photo, we determined, was taken near Priory Road looking east towards Shepton Mallet. It shows the turntable that was built in 1948 which was situated close to Wells East Somerset Box.
© Gerald Peacock