This Way to the Forums! Give it a try! It Works! (sort of...)
<googlemap lat="51.341229" lon="-2.280779"> 51.339597, -2.281712, Avoncliff </googlemap>
Opened as Avoncliff Halt on 9th July 1906. Originally comprised of two platforms 100ft long, 7ft wide and 14inchs above rail level. The suffix 'Halt' was dropped from 5th May 1969. The station is a request stop, meaning alighting passengers need to contact the conductor, and boarding passengers need to signal to the driver from the platform for the train to stop.
A track plan of Avoncliff and surrounding area from 1988
A similar view taken on 8.7.08 showing a new shelter on platform 2. © John Rawlings