Avonmouth Dock Junction

From Bristol Railway Archive
Jump to: navigation, search

<googlemap lat="51.484536" lon="-2.69002"> 51.491284, -2.690513, Avonmouth Dock Junction </googlemap>

To Bristol: Station Road
To Avonmouth: Avonmouth
To Avonmouth Dock Branch: Avonmouth Docks

History

The crossing opened in 1905 and was originally called Crown Brickyard Level Crossing, being renamed Avonmouth Dock Junction in 1911. The barriers were installed in 1972, replacing the gates that preceded them. The signal box, which was a Midland Railway type 3D and had a 28 lever frame, closed in 1988.

1980s

2004