<googlemap lat="51.375424" lon="-2.377853">
51.382482, -2.378132, Bath Junction
To Bristol or the North: Windsor Bridge Road
To Radstock: Bellotts Road
To Bath Green Park: Midland Road-Bridge 42
40568 pilots 73051 through Bath Junction on the approach to Bath Green Park sometime during October 1956. In the background an unidentified loco shunts coal into the gasworks.
A 1960s general view of the junction. The signal box came into use on 13th April 1924, replacing two older boxes sited each side of the junction. The new box remained in use until 12th September 1966. © Roger Porch
An enthusiasts special headed by Stanier 48706 passes the junction. The milepost opposite the train marks the start of the 1-50 climb out of Bath. This loco worked several specials over the S&D prior to its closure. © Roger Porch