This Way to the Forums! Give it a try! It Works! (sort of...)


Blaise Signal Box and Sidings

From Bristol Railway Archive
(Redirected from Blaise Sidings)
Jump to: navigation, search

To Filton: Hallen Halt
To Avonmouth: Henbury West

History

Blaise Signal Box controlled Blaise Sidings. It opened on 13 june 1940 and closed on 22 May 1966. Signalmen who worked it included Wilf Stanley and Brian Chaney. After closure, Blaise Sidings were worked by Hallen Marsh signal box.

The sidings were part of an underground Air Ministry fuel depot. They opened on 13 June 1940 and closed in July 1973.

1950s

31.3.05