Chippenham railway station
<googlemap lat="51.457055" lon="-2.114868"> 51.462564, -2.115555 </googlemap>
Chippenham railway station opened on 31st May 1841. A goods shed was constructed during 1858. A railway connection was laid to Chippenham Gas Works in 1906. This connection closed in 1932. Chippenham engine shed closed in March 1964 and services on the Calne branch stopped in 1965. Chippenham East and West signal boxes closed on 21st August 1966. As from 1st February 1976 the original down platform was taken out of use and services heading west used the south side of the island platform. Closed to goods on 31st December 1980.