Chipping Sodbury

From Bristol Railway Archive
Jump to: navigation, search

<googlemap lat="51.535819" lon="-2.378368"> 51.532348, -2.378712, Chipping Sodbury </googlemap>

To Bristol or the North: Blanchard's Bridge
To Wootton Bassett: Colt's Green

History

Opened on 1st July 1903. Closed to passengers on 3rd April 1961 and goods on 20th June 1966 with the exception of a private siding. This was the busiest station on the Wootton Bassett to Patchway route with receipts almost equalling the combined total of the rest. The up platform was 399ft long while the down platform was 402ft.

Track Plans

1970s

1980s

1990s

2004

1.4.04

2007