<googlemap lat="51.439724" lon="-2.625475"> 51.447013, -2.625797, </googlemap>
Opened on 18th April 1867 as a single platform. A crossing loop and second platform were brought into use on 15th September 1880 and the section of line between the station and Parson Street Junction was doubled on 2nd December 1883. The station was downgraded to a halt and became unstaffed on 29th October 1962. It closed to passengers on 7th September 1964 and goods on 5th July 1965. Between March 1891 and 1910 the station was called Rownham to avoid confusion with Clifton and Clifton Down.
The view panned slightly to the right. The buildings in the background belonged to the engineering depot at Ashton Meadows Sidings. The strip of land between the allotments and the railway boundary fence was the site of Ashton Gate Carriage Sidings.
The view north from the footbridge showing the remains of the station. The headquarters of the mounted division of the Avon and Somerset Constabulary occupy the spot where the main station building stood.