<googlemap lat="51.470638" lon="-2.529945"> 51.477521, -2.53031, Fishponds </googlemap>
Opened as Stapleton on the 1st April 1866, becoming Fish Ponds (two words) on 1st July 1867. Renamed Fishponds (one word) on 1st May 1939. Closed to goods on 13th December 1965 and passengers on 7th March 1966.
1800sSimon Whittingham found in a jumble sale. Clerestory coaches stand at the down platform with more coaches stored in the down platform bay. There would seem to be three engines in steam in the goods yard. Most of the passengers are women or children and all seem to be wearing their Sunday best. The people on the train seem to be peering out of the doors rather expectantly, as if waiting for those on the platform to make their move. © Avon Valley Railway
Three photos showing the signal box at Fishponds (still showing the pre-war spelling of Fish Ponds). In this one a 4F is shunting the yard. © Roger Newport
A series of photos showing track lifting at the station. © Emmdee
Simon took this photo of a rather derelict looking station building in 1971. © Simon Whittingham
The abandoned station sometime around 1972. © Tudor Williams