Opened on the 14th May 1927 as Horfield Platform. The station was rebuilt when the line up Filton Bank was quadrupled in the 1930s and it's name was shortened to Horfield when it reopened on 30th April 1933. Closed on the 23rd of November 1964.
An official GWR photo from the 1930s showing the then newly rebuilt station.
7019 Fowey Castle blasts south through the station. © Don W
A Pannier Tank stops at the station with a local train. © Don W
Castle 5070 Sir Daniel Gooch hurls through the station with an express while Pannier tank 4407 waits with a local stopper. © Don W
2800 class 2826 with a long freight. © Don W
Ex GWR railcar 21. © Don W
The same railcar. © Don W
7014 Caerhays Castle. © Don W
Pannier 3773. © Don W
6834 Dummer Grange. © Don W
5911 Preston Hall on the Up Main. Railcar 21 and a goods hauled by 5222 on the relief lines. © Don W
4967 Shirehampton Hall stops at the station while a freight hauled by 2832 passes on the Main. © Don W
2215 banks a train up Filton Bank. © Don W
4500 Class 2-6-2 5528. © Don W
5222. © Don W
4999 Gopsall Hall. © Don W
Pannier 8790. © Don W
5981 Frensham Hall. © Don W
4937 Lanelay Hall. © Don W
2832. © Don W
4084 Aberystwyth Castle. © Don W
A couple of new signals which were ready to be installed as part of an engineering project to add a third line and platform face to Filton Abbey Wood.
An unidentified Class 66 rolls light engine up the hill.
A telephoto view of the site of Horfield station with 150233 passing the remains of one of the platforms.
66018 hauls a coal train past the site of the station on 31.8.06.