To Yate: Robins Wood
To Thornbury: Bristol Road
To Frampton Cotterell Iron Mine: Frampton Cotterell
Opened on 2nd September 1872. Closed on 19th June 1944 except for a coal depot which closed on 10th June 1963.
Standing on Station Road and looking in the direction of Yate.
The view of the crossing. The crossing keepers house can just be seen to the right.
The crossing keeper's house is now a private dwelling.
The view across the crossing in the other direction.
The line disappears around a bend as it heads off towards Thornbury. The bridge in the distance is on Bristol Road. The line to the iron mine left the Thornbury branch here and swung around to the left of this photo.
Stretching the digital zoom to the limit in order to get a close up shot of the Bristol Road bridge.