This Way to the Forums! Give it a try! It Works! (sort of...)


Kelston

From Bristol Railway Archive
Jump to: navigation, search

<googlemap lat="51.396314" lon="-2.448664"> 51.403248, -2.449093, Kelston </googlemap>

To Bristol or the North: Bridge 24
To Bath Green Park: Bridge 25

History

Opened on 1st December 1869 as Saltford, but changed to Kelston after just a few months. The land was purchased from a Mr. Inigo Jones who insisted on the siting of the station to serve Kelston village, despite the fact that there was no road access, leaving passengers to cross fields on foot. Mr Jones also had the right to stop any Midland Railway train as long as he gave 24hrs notice.

Closed on 1st January 1949. The station building was demolished in 1954.

Gallery

28.7.07