<googlemap lat="51.425277" lon="-2.606936"> 51.433317, -2.607837, Parson Street </googlemap>
Parson Street railway station opened on the 29th August 1927 as Parson Street Platform. It was rebuilt as part of a project to quadruple the lines west from Temple Meads and reopened on 21st May 1933. The suffix 'Platform' was dropped at the same time. The station buildings were demolished in January 1971.
A Western heads south through the station beneath a derelict station building. Possibly 1960s rather than 1970s?
The station nameboard. 17.7.81 © Martin Potter
The view from Parson Street road bridge towards the footbridge at Malago Vale. The new-build houses on the site of the old carriage sidings are protected from noise from the railway by a big wall.
A view of the bridge that carries Bedminster Down Road across the line. On the right is an abutment from another bridge that used to cross here.