Parson Street Junction
<googlemap lat="51.432688" lon="-2.6126"> 51.431765, -2.612386, Parson Street Junction </googlemap>
The junction was originally called Portishead Junction. This changed to Parson Street Junction in 1933 when the line through the junction was quadrupled. A new signal box was built as part of the modifications. It had 82 levers and was brought into use on 13th November 1932. It closed on 6th December 1971.
A view of the junction showing Parson Street Junction Signal Box. This was soon to be abolished with the replacement of the semaphore signals with colour lights, one of which can be seen in place, but out of use. © Andy Kirkham