Sandford and Banwell

From Bristol Railway Archive
Jump to: navigation, search

<googlemap lat="51.332177" lon="-2.839424"> 51.332066, -2.839419, Sandford and Banwell </googlemap>

To Yatton: Station Road - Sandford
To Cheddar: Sandford Quarry

History

Opened on the 3rd August 1869. Closed to goods on the 10th June 1963 and passengers on the 9th September 1963. The station building and goods shed are still intact and were in use by Sandford Stone. Sandford Stone have since gone into administration and have been bought by Willowstone Garden Products.

1960s

1980s