<googlemap lat="51.476465" lon="-2.678347">
51.484256, -2.67884, Shirehampton
To Bristol: Hung Road
To Avonmouth: Station Road
Opened on the 6th March 1865. This was the headquarters for the Bristol Port Railway & Pier, the company that built the section of line between Avonmouth and Hotwells.
The goods yard was closed on 29th November 1965 although a private siding remained in use, serving an oil distribution company, until 1985.
A track plan of Shirehampton from the early 1900s.
A view of the main station building showing the oil distribution company occupying the site of the goods yard. 17.7.81. © Martin Potter
Next to the shelter is this rather well protected electrical cabinet.
Station name board and information board located in the station carpark.
The view south along the station. The up platform is completely overgrown.
Looking towards Avonmouth. The bridge in the foreground is the one that crosses Station Road. In the background the M5 bridge across the River Avon is just visible.