Yatton

From Bristol Railway Archive
Jump to: navigation, search

<googlemap lat="51.390943" lon="-2.827652"> 51.3909, -2.827652, Yatton Station </googlemap>

To Bristol: High Street - Yatton
To the Southwest: Yatton West Signal Box
To Clevedon: Wemberham Lane
To Cheddar and Wells: Cadbury Farm

History

A lovely station which still retains a lot of its Bristol & Exeter roots. It's possible to think of it as a shadow of its former self, but in reality the station has come full circle and once more resembles the station as designed by Brunel.

Opened on the 14th June 1841 as Clevedon Road with the name changing to Yatton on the 28th July 1847 when the branch to Clevedon opened. The branch line to Cheddar opened in 1869 and closed in 1963 with the branch to Clevedon closing in 1966. An engine shed at the north west of the station opened in 1879 and was accessed from the Clevedon branch. It closed on the 7th August 1960.

Track Plans

1960s

1970s

Taken on the last day of operation of Yatton West Signal Box.

1988

2nd. April

1991

The next set of pics were all kindly supplied by Andy Viles and show relics of the former branch line to Clevedon at the south end of Yatton Station.
29th June

2004

8th May

5th June